The UT Office of Procurement Services is pleased to announce the launch of a new e-procurement system.
UT Market Place allows departments to shop and order office supplies, paper, computers, scientific equipment, and more using a single sign-in and shopping cart.
The new system makes it easier to:
- Procure goods. All items in the Market Place have been bid—so departments can buy from the Market Place without having to seek sole-source approval or bidding items listed.
- Single Sign On. Log in using your UT NetID and password.
- Shop catalogs from 15 companies—and soon almost 30.
- Find the items you need, compare prices and place orders.
- Save and edit default shipping and billing addresses within your profile.
- Use procurement cards or request vendor invoices (a limited number of suppliers only accept procurement cards).
- Reconcile ledgers and procurement card statements.
- All employees are able to sign in and place needed supplies in a shopping cart, but only those approved to make departmental purchases can complete orders.
In-person training is being conducted at campuses and institute for faculty and staff within each department who have primary purchasing responsibilities. Comprehensive training videos are available for all other faculty and staff interested in using the system. You’ll be able to start using the system once you’ve attended or watched the training.
UT Market Place is for official University business only, and personal purchases are not permitted.
Additional instructions and help options are available within the system, and questions can be directed to the UT Office of Procurement Services at (865) 974-3311.Tags: UT Market Place