Reimbursement Per Diems
Effective: July 1, 2014[Download as PDF]
- MILEAGE RATE: Standard Mileage Rate is $ 0.47 per mile (for travel on or after August 1, 2011)
- HOTEL CHECK-IN AND BAGGAGE HANDLING: $5.00 for each check-in
- LODGING AND MEAL ALLOWANCES:
The maximum allowances for both lodging and meals will be in accordance with the rates published by the U.S. General Services Administration (CONUS) or the Department of Defense (OCONUS). The meal allowance
includes both the allowance for meals plus $5.00 for incidentals. The CONUS rates applicable for all cities can be found at the U.S. General Services Administration web site.
- PARTIAL MEALS ALLOWANCES FOR DAY OF DEPARTURE AND DAY OF RETURN FOR BOTH IN-STATE AND OUT-OF-STATE TRAVEL:
Reimbursement for meals for the day of departure and the day of the return will be 75% of the normal reimbursement rate regardless of the time of departure or return. If one trip ends and another begins on the same day, meal deductions should be made on one of the trips and noted on both trips so that the traveler is not reimbursed more than 100% of the meal allowance for that day.
- MEAL ALLOWANCE FOR ONE-DAY TRIPS: Reimbursement for a single meal (or meals) for employees on
one-day travel status with no overnight stay is not permitted.
- MEALS INCLUDED IN A REGISTRATION FEE OR ENTERTAINMENT:
A partial meal allowance is available when meals are provided as a part of a registration fee for a conference, seminar, or workshop or as part of entertainment. No meal allowance is available if the registration fee includes all meals for that day. Continental breakfasts that may be included in a registration fee are not considered a meal. The deductions for meals provided are based on a full-day meal rate as follows:
20% for Breakfast
30% for Lunch
50% for Dinner
- MEAL ALLOWANCE FOR TEAM, GROUP, AND RETREAT TRAVEL:
The following percentages and the CONUS rate for the location of travel must be used when a partial meal allowance is applicable.
Meal In-State Out-of-State Breakfast 20% 20% Lunch 30% 30% Dinner 50% 50%
- PRIVATE AIRCRAFT:
Reimbursement will be in accordance with the CONUS rates provided by the U.S. General Services Administration. As of January 1, 2011, the rate per land mile is $1.29. Rand McNally Road Atlas, Google Maps, MapQuest, or other recognizable mileage charts should be used to determine applicable land miles.
- Original itemized receipts must be submitted with the signed Travel Expense Report for expenditures of $50.00 or more.
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after October 1, 2011 [PDF]
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after August 1, 2011 through October 1, 2011 [PDF]
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after October 1, 2010 through July 31, 2011 [PDF]
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after October 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009 [PDF]
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after July 1, 2009 through September 30, 2009 [PDF]
- University Reimbursement Per Diems Effective for Travel on or after October 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009 [PDF]